By Stephen Mauro,Beth Homicz
INSIDE YOU’LL FIND
- 50 mountaineering journeys for all skill degrees and seasons
- At-a-glance journey planner that can assist you locate the journey that’s correct for you
- particular maps displaying parking components, trails, and normal highlights
- Summaries of time, distance, and trouble point for every trail
- GPS coordinates for trailheads
- mountaineering and safeguard guidance, together with suggestion on what to hold on your pack
- Essays on nature and background of the region
“This remarkable guidebook leads readers to appealing usual panoramas and websites of nationwide significance. someone desirous to stroll via history—or simply opt for an outstanding walk—should hold it of their daypack.”
—Ann Marie Maher, govt Director
Prince William-Manassas conference and viewers Bureau
STEPHEN MAURO has lived within the Washington, D.C., region for 15 years and hikes largely there. he's a senior editor for Wild West journal and a duplicate editor for Aviation historical past magazine.
BETH HOMICZ certified for her Washington, D.C., travel advisor license in 1994 and has led greater than 15,000 participants on journeys round the capital urban. A former columnist for locations journal, her writing has additionally seemed within the Washington Post.
Read Online or Download AMC's Best Day Hikes near Washington, D.C.: Four-season Guide to 50 of the Best Trails in Maryland, Virginia, and the Nation's Capital PDF
Best hiking & camping books
In David Black’s Canyoneering: A consultant to ideas for rainy and Dry Canyons, readers study the risks and hazards of canyoneering, the abilities required to achieve mastery of canyoneering type and approach, and straightforward, powerful how one can negotiate damaging terrain. This accomplished up-to-date, thorough, and to-the-point advisor will offer simply understood descriptions of talents utilized by modern canyoneers and advertise basic thoughts for fixing advanced difficulties.
Ecologically and environmentally diversified, the Mojave wasteland incorporates a dramatic and spell binding panorama of historic volcanic cinder cones, Joshua tree forests, sand dunes and rugged mountains. climate within the Mojave alterations as dramatically as its terrain: triple digits from overdue spring to early fall with iciness temps frequently shedding under freezing.
That includes greater than forty of the simplest hikes within the better Portland metro quarter, this intriguing new guidebook issues locals and viewers alike to trailheads inside of an hour's force of Portland, Oregon.
Now thoroughly up to date and revised with new colour images and topos, this guidebook is the last word source to technical hiking routes, mountain climbing trails, and peak-bagging routes in Wyoming's Wind River diversity, a popular playground for backcountry fanatics and alpine rock climbers. More than 2 hundred new mountaineering routes were accomplished within the Wind Rivers considering this ebook was once final released in 1994, and this advisor is the one finished selection of details on hand to climbers.
- Best Tent Camping: New England: Your Car-Camping Guide to Scenic Beauty, the Sounds of Nature, and an Escape from Civilization
- B.A.S.E. - 20 Sekunden Ekstase: Mein Leben für den freien Fall (German Edition)
- Walking Queens: 30 Tours for Discovering the Diverse Communities, Historic Places, and Natural Treasures of New York City's Largest Borough
- Backpacker Magazine's Predicting Weather: Forecasting, Planning, And Preparing (Backpacker Magazine Series)
- 100 Classic Hikes in New England: Maine / New Hampshire / Vermont / Massachusetts / Rhode Island / Connecticut
- Sardinien: Die schönsten Küsten- und Bergwanderungen – 70 Touren (German Edition)
Additional info for AMC's Best Day Hikes near Washington, D.C.: Four-season Guide to 50 of the Best Trails in Maryland, Virginia, and the Nation's Capital
AMC's Best Day Hikes near Washington, D.C.: Four-season Guide to 50 of the Best Trails in Maryland, Virginia, and the Nation's Capital by Stephen Mauro,Beth Homicz